

My idea for a show on Comedy Central would be a hybrid, between who line is it anyway, Jeopardy, and American Idol. I say Jeopardy just because the winning team would be able to continue playing until they where defeated (or until they won a pre-set number of times). Unlike Who’s Line, the participants would be amateur improv contestants. The participants would be selected individually either off the street, or through try-outs, whatever. They would then be put through some sort of improv exercise (as part of the show), and the results of the exercises would determine which team each was placed on. Then the teams would compete against each other in an Improv showdown.
What you would have is a show that features normal people who think they are funny, who get to perform as individuals and then as part of an Improv team. Winners could be crowned in different categories like best solo performance, best individual in a team, and then overall teams would be crowned. At the end of the year, you could have an Improv playoff with all of the former champions competing against each other (like champions week on Jeopardy).
So, it would be like an American Idol-ish, Jeopardy-ish, Who’s line-ish kind of show. You could have celebrity Judges mixed with Audience voting. You could even have the audience split up into two sides, each representing one team, and involve them in some way that could affect the outcome of the competition. (Best Audience Joke, best audience performance, etc…) There are plenty of variables that could be pulled from the concept. If I had more time, I could probably write for hours.
Anyone could watch it, but I would think it would be more of an adult show, with plenty of bleeps and edits. I’m guessing sometimes it would be hysterical, and other times it wouldn’t be that funny at all. (Just like real Improv. But people would still watch it just to see how bad it can be [like the Gong show]). However, I think that with the right subject matter, the right contestants and the right energy, it would still be pretty entertaining. It would help if there was something tangible to win. I’m guessing that sponsorship could take care of that…. So add in there Wheel of Fortune-ish and Price is Right – ish.
Yep, that would be my show. I’d have Sarah Silverman and Louis Guzman involved. (Pictured Above)
What you would have is a show that features normal people who think they are funny, who get to perform as individuals and then as part of an Improv team. Winners could be crowned in different categories like best solo performance, best individual in a team, and then overall teams would be crowned. At the end of the year, you could have an Improv playoff with all of the former champions competing against each other (like champions week on Jeopardy).
So, it would be like an American Idol-ish, Jeopardy-ish, Who’s line-ish kind of show. You could have celebrity Judges mixed with Audience voting. You could even have the audience split up into two sides, each representing one team, and involve them in some way that could affect the outcome of the competition. (Best Audience Joke, best audience performance, etc…) There are plenty of variables that could be pulled from the concept. If I had more time, I could probably write for hours.
Anyone could watch it, but I would think it would be more of an adult show, with plenty of bleeps and edits. I’m guessing sometimes it would be hysterical, and other times it wouldn’t be that funny at all. (Just like real Improv. But people would still watch it just to see how bad it can be [like the Gong show]). However, I think that with the right subject matter, the right contestants and the right energy, it would still be pretty entertaining. It would help if there was something tangible to win. I’m guessing that sponsorship could take care of that…. So add in there Wheel of Fortune-ish and Price is Right – ish.
Yep, that would be my show. I’d have Sarah Silverman and Louis Guzman involved. (Pictured Above)
No comments:
Post a Comment